Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Call Me a Schmuck

I know, call me a schmuck - I've hardly posted in the last week. Life is really busy right now - our car has died (and 10 days later is still in the shop), we're trying to sell our house, I had an exam this week, I should be translating Hebrew right now, blah, blah, blah. Frankly, my life is probably an awful lot like yours in its ordinary busy-ness.

That said, I have still been reading, and thought I'd share a few nuggets:
  1. First, there is Steve McCoy's reflections on the gospel - I think he's on to something we could all use more of. If someone asked you how the gospel made a difference in your life last week, how would you answer?

  2. Second, I want to point you towards 2 posts over on 9th Street Records, where I've discovered a thoughtful fellow blogger who happens to attend the same inner city church in Philadelphia that we do. Ryan K reflects on Smoking as an Act of Hope, as well as his own motivation for living in the city.
I'd encourage you to read all of these - they will remind you of what the gospel is all about, and they may just give you a glimpse of what it looks like to live redemptively out of that gospel, in the midst of a city that is self-destructing.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger JD said...

By the way, do you know what a schmuck is? You might look it up...

 
At 8:52 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Pilgrim in Progress said...

Nice. And here I thought I was being the poster boy of fine manners by calling myself a 'schmuck' instead of a 'dork' (yeah, go look THAT one up)... sheesh. Of course, only someone like you would know these things, Justin!!! WWWT?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home