Favorite Movie Quotes
Ok, my brain is fried right now, and since I can't think of anything else at the moment, I thought this might be a good time to catalogue some of our favorite movie quotes (if we can get enough, maybe we'll make this a permanent link on the sidebar)...
- "In Montana, there's three things we're never late for: church, work, and fishing. Neal, you're late.”
- Paul Maclean delivering the ultimate snub, in A River Runs Through It.
- "A ship's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails - that's what a ship needs - but what a ship is, what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom.”
- Capt. Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean.
- "Life IS pain, highness - anyone who says otherwise is selling something"
- Wesley to Buttercup in The Princess Bride.
- "I don't think your boy knows what he's in for."
"Nobody would do anything if they knew what they were in for..."
- Amarante responding to the Coyote Angel in The Milagro Beanfield War.
- "Every man dies, but not every man really lives."
- William Wallace in Braveheart.
- "I don't want to kill you, and you don't want be dead"
- Malachi Johnson to the bad guys in Silverado.
- "Life is tough. Its tougher if you're stupid"
- John Wayne in Sands of Iwo Jima.
- "You two are dumber than bag of hammers"
- Everett, in Oh Brother Where Art That Thou?
- "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
- Norman Maclean and friends in A River Runs Through It
- "Lately, dear, your low self-esteem is just good common sense"
- mother to adult daughter who's made a series of very poor choices in Spanglish.
- "I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are."
- Mark Darcy to Bridget in Bridget Jones Diary.
- "You think you've found the right man, but there's so much wrong with him, and then he finds there's so much wrong with you, and then it all just falls apart."
- Bridget Jones in Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason
Now I'm sure there's a whole lot more which I'm simply forgetting at the moment. SO, here's your chance to contribute to SLD! If you'd like to share some of your favorite quotes, leave a comment or email me, and we'll consider adding it to our list...