Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Wedding Dress

As some of you know, I'm a Derek Webb fan, largely because a) he's a great songwriter (something of a rarity among Christians these days), and b) he also understand the importance of the Church (equally rare, even among Christians).


I think one of the best songs he has written is a tune called Wedding Dress...
If you could love me as a wife,
and for my wedding get your life,
should that be all I'll ever need,
or is there more I'm looking for?

Should I read between the lines,
and look for blessings in disguise,
to make me handsome rich and wise,
is that really what you want?

Chorus
'Cause I am whore I do confess,
put you on just like a wedding dress,
and I run down the isle, I run down the isle.
I'm a prodigal with no way home,
I put you on just like a ring of gold,
and I run down the isle, I run down the isle, to you...

So could you love this bastard child,
though I don't trust you to provide,
with one hand in a pot of gold,
and with the other in your side.

Cause I am so easily satisfied,
by the call of lovers so less wild,
and I would take a little cash,
over your very flesh and blood.

Chorus

Cause the money cannot buy, a husbands jealous eye,
When you have knowingly deceived his wife...

Chorus
This song captures the heart of the gospel. Wish I would have written it...

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, February 19, 2005, Blogger Pilgrim in Progress said...

And for those who want more info, nice little interview w/ Derek available here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home