Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lauren Winner on Virgins

Here's why I like Lauren Winner:
Last night I gave a talk on sex and chastity at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a remarkable experience – I enjoyed meeting many fabulous students, who asked great, great questions. One question went something like “What do you have to say about a virgin marrying someone who is not a virgin?” I stumbled through an answer as best I could, and then went on to the next question.

Later, while I was signing books and mingling with students, a young woman came up to me and, very casually, offered this amazing insight: “You know, about that question someone asked you about a virgin marrying someone who isn’t a virgin? Well, when I heard that question, I thought, That’s exactly what Jesus did.’”
(sorry to reproduce this in full, but it was such a short post I couldn't find a way to snip it down to a meaningful soundbite). If you like what she says, click on over to her blog and let her know...

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Molly said...

That's a great story -- thanks for pointing it out.

btw - I just finished reading Lauren Winner's "Girl Meets God" and it was EXCELLENT. I'd highly recommend it on a number of levels. I think the biggest reason I enjoyed it so much is that she brings out how "Jewish" Christianity is ... and at the same time how Christ is so transformative of her former religion.

I don't agree with everything that she says, but she is educational, insightful, funny, and much of what she said rings true.

 
At 11:45 AM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is some great insight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home