Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Beggars.

I've now had an adorable labrador retriever puppy for a week and a half. He's done a good job of adjusting to life with me and integrating himself into the rest of my parents' "pack." He's also figured out very quickly that any food I have in my hand -- whether it be people food or doggy treats -- is infinitely better than what I put in his bowl. In other words, he's growing into a very proficient beggar.

So when we were singing in church on Sunday a song that alludes to Matthew 15:27, "Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table," I couldn't help but think of the four furry beggars who live with us.

My dogs don't beg complacently - they are eager, attentive, hungry. When I think about God's grace falling upon me (though lavishly, and not as though it were table scraps), I don't want to be complacent either. I want to be as eager as my dogs to eat up every crumb.
Let the crumbs of mercy fall,
From your table to me Lord.
Weary sinner that I am
I now give myself to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home