Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Friday, March 18, 2005

Pansies


I love the "how much more's" of the Bible. For example, God clothes the flowers in such beauty, so how much more will he clothe his children!

God cares when a single sparrow falls to the ground; how much more does God care when you have sorrows and pain in your life!

God has the hairs on your head numbered; how much more does he number your thoughts, and know every detail of your life!

This one is my favorite: where sin has not tragically destroyed the relationship, our earthly fathers delight in giving good gifts to their children; how much more does our heavenly Father lavish blessing after blessing on his children!

I get to go home and spend the next week with my parents. I am so excited because I love them dearly. They lavish me with love in so many ways -- materially, emotionally, spiritually. When I think of all they do, I am always filled with immense gratitude, and I know how pitiful my attempts to give back to them are. How much more -- they teach me what my Heavenly Father is like, because he loves even more to abundantly give me what I need: grace, strength, truth, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness ... How much more -- if I want to give back to my parents and tell them how much I love them, this shows me what it's like to be so grateful and so loving to one who has done this for me first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home