Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Killer Art

For your viewing pleasure, a couple of links that my brother Nicholas passed my way (Nicholas has an amazing eye for artwork, and is a very good graphic designer himself). If you have a few minutes, pull up a chair and feast your eyes upon these photos (here's a sample):

  • Tuomo Väinämö - Finnish Shooter, incredible skies / landscapes. Razor sharp, crisp saturated colors.
  • Jim Erickson – Ad Industry killer. Excellent depth of field. Versatile. Amazing compositions and out of this world post edit effects.
What I find interesting about great photos like these is how they manage to convey something - there is always a depth of experience and emotion, story mixed with mystery, even with very mundane subject matter. I find myself wanting to see these places, meet these people.

I don't totally understand how it works, but I find it fascinating. This is a hobby I want to get better at over the coming years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home