20 things to know in your 20's
i've been reading a magazine called relevant for about a year now. i've become somewhat bored with the trendiness of the magazine recently, but every now and then they have an interesting article that grabs my attention. their book section has some really great titles though such as the one that i want to buy right now, the naked christian (click here for a sample chapter).
anyway the recent article that grabbed my attention from their current issue is titled 2o things to know in your 20's by Colin Creel. here's the list:
- live below your means
- live life like an adventure, do not merely endure it
- honor god with your resources
- create a clear picture of your "dream" spouse. "take out a sheet of paper and recognize those traits, both physical emotional, that are important to you. wait and pray. i had to wait eight years after i wrote the list, but yowza, she was worth the wait."
- stop wrestling with god
- wait on god's timing
- do not settle for anything less than god's best
- take time to fill up
- critique your bookshelf
- pay god, pay yourself, pay your bills
- establish perspective
- invest in people
- pay your dues, "do not be in such a hurry to climb to the top or to find the 'perfect' job. think of each job as an opportunity to enhance your skill set."
- christ doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies those he calls
- face your fears
- guard against the tyrrany of the urgent
- enjoy your freedom
- establish disciplines
- writed down your prayers
as i approach the end of my 20's i can honestly say that this is a great list. 20-somethings like myself are in such a hurry to get going in life and establish themselves that we don't often take time out to do many of these things. ironically, the things that drive us often also inhibit us from taking this kind of advice.
what do you guys think of this list? is there more you would add?