Key Links: Welcome | Favorite Movie Quotes | Guestbook | XML | Contact Us

Monday, February 28, 2005

Mailbag

This site has a lot to do with story, because story shapes us, it colors our peculiar perspectives on life, God, the world around us. Stick around a while and you might end up learning more about us (warts and all) than you ever wanted to know.

But hey, we're interested in your story too - in hearing about where you are, where you've come from, and especially what you're wrestling with. Especially if your experience has been different than ours.

Consequently, from time to time we'd like to share with you some of the stories that readers share with us. This was an email we received earlier this week, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did...
Hello,

I just finished reading "how God speaks" and often wonder what in the heck he is trying to tell me. I can be considered a "newbie" to turning my life over to Christ. It's actually still a work in progress. I recently left the Episcopal church after 40 years because I felt God was pulling me away. I feel like he's leading me somewhere, just not fast enough for my liking. For me, I often doubt what I am doing is right. After all, I took my wife and three kids from (somewhat) regular church worship and 6 months later have no formal (or informal) church home. I feel in my heart it was the right thing to do, I just don't like being "adrift", which leads me to doubt...a vicious cycle really.

Some good has definitely come of it though, I find I pray far more than I used to. About 6 weeks ago I (and I have no idea why) started listening to positive Christian music, now it's all I listen to. That in itself is a form of praying/praising that had been missing in my life. I find myself constantly singing the songs in my head (sometimes out loud...poor God) and have realized my thoughts are more on him than ever before.

So why I am I writing you? Your blog helps answer some of the questions I have (such as the suffering post, very nicely done) in a straightforward way that I like. You are in my favorites and I check often. I too thought Mr. Hunter's death was being spun, I liked how you put it into some perspective and underlined how his family thought he was in control. If Mr. Hunter let God be in control he would still be here today.

So consider this a "Thank You" and keep up the good work.

-Jay
Thank you, Jay! Its always nice to know that people are reading the site and that some of the things we say actually connect.

As for the rest of you, do you have something you'd like to share? Feel free to drop us a line anytime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home